Wednesday, July 15, 2009

AE Angler of the Week


Over a few hours the last few evenings I have witnessed one man catch and release probably 60+ lbs of fish ranging from many beefy catfish (including one possibly albino catfish that got caught up in some weeds about ten feet off the shore.) to countless sunfish and bluegill caught on custom tied AfE panfish flies that were in turn rigged up to catch monster bass ranging from 3to well over 6 lbs.

AfE is proud to annouce Frisco Texas's own Tim Johannes as the innagural Angler of the Week. This 2 lb largemouth is even a bit of a dissapointment to a big game fish hunter like Johannes.
A fat bluegill caught on an AfE hand tied panfish fly, too big to even be used as bait for the feeding largemouth bassI finally landed this one after missing at least four others that were just as large. Later after I had caught a small bluegill on my fly rod a huge largemouth swallowed the fish. I wasn't able to hook it, I was using the smallest fly I had, but I still had a great time getting my line snapped by huge fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment